Monday, September 15, 2008

Ralna - Bo Balna - Bananabana Is My Hero

I don't usually journal blog. I almost always have a page to post. However, this weekend has had so many twists and turns that I decided to talk about it. I taught all last week in an amazing classroom at St. Philip school. The children were a delight to teach. Being able to teach the same students for five full days was so much fun. I did however, feel for the teacher I was filling in for because she had an absolutely horrible cold and everyone was worried about her. I am happy that she is feeling better and was able to return to school today. I will, though, miss those 22 smiling faces. I was tired friday night, but the exhuberant people we are able to visit with at our Late Night Crops really got me in a great mood. You guys are so much fun. Thank you for making my other job just as enjoyable as the other. How many people can say they "LOVE" both of their jobs. Then on Saturday, just after gas prices jumped to an all time "stupid" amount, I decided on and ordered a car. I have been scrimping and saving for years and holding my breath that my old van would get me through until I could afford something more reliable. So, a Toyota Corolla it is . . . but I have to wait for it to arrive. What I make in payments, I should save in gas. Then Saturday night, my sister phoned from Edmonton and informed me that my nephew was in a single vehicle roll over on the highway home. Matt was thrown 40 feet from the truck and was in hospital. He was hurt badly; but the driver of the truck was killed. The other passenger was pinned in the vehicle and needed to be taken out with the jaws of life and air lifted to the hospital. He underwent 12 hours of surgery. Shocked us all back to reality. We don't know the details; but we were told alcohol was involved. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE AND DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE DRIVE WHEN ALCOHOL IS INVOLVED . . . PLEASE!! Now, my upside. After dropping my kids off at school this morning, I went to photograph my pages so I could blog when I got home. Ralna called me on the phone, asking me how my day was going. After I said okay, she told me she was going to make my day even better. She got ahold of two Elton John tickets and asked me if I wanted to go with her! OMG!!! She knew how bad I wanted to go and I don't know how to thank her for thinking of me. What a sweetheart huh?? So, the next time you see me, who knows how I'll feel . . . but I guess that is the same for all of us. Daily life isn't normally the expected. All I know is that I try my hardest to do what is right and hope for the best. I guess the way to look at it is: I have two jobs, am making ends meet, my children are all healthy (except for colds and stuff), my parents are okay, I have wonderful friends, I get to look forward to a new car, my nephew is alive, I have a thoughtful and kind boss and the sun is shining.

3 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Amen! Life is full of blessings amidst the trials. We just need to deal with the trials and focus on the blessings. Have a blast tonight!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying our teaching and that we can give your Friday nights an up-lift and a few laughs. My thoughts are with your family as your nephew heals and hopefully very quickly at that. I can't wwait to see your sweet ride! Enjoy the show, you deserve some fun! Janet

Saucy said...

Thank you dear for saving that piece of vintage Halloween paper for me, it is so perfect for my latest crazy non-scrap project that uses scrap materials!

I'll be posting about it soon.