Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Full of Wonder

We got this wonderful beach paper at JSI that looks 3-D. I really wanted to use it; but we never got anywhere near the beach . . . so when I found this picture of Lucas when we were at Lake Dieffenbaker and thought I might be able to use it. I used an older blue patterned paper for the background and cut out some of the bottom part of the shells. Ralna thought I had lost my mind when I picked up a fancy pair of scissors and held it up to my paper. I did use it and it worked well around some of the scalloped shell edges. See, still using some of the "old" stuff. Then I cut up a rub-on and scattered it on the page where I wanted it. While most of my pages show everyday life, occasionally I do a more artsy page that I just like the look of. As you can tell, I don't have a lot of portrait, set-up photos, they are daily life snapshots. I like to intersperse an array of heritage, girly, portrait, daily life etc., when I scrapbook so I don't get into a rut.

1 comment:

Julie Cortens said...

Love what you did with the fancy scissors! Very cool page.