Saturday, May 10, 2008

Everyday Life

This is a very simple page done with Fancy Pants paper letters and a saying. I put everything on black cardstock and painted it a bit with acrylic paint. This was my favorite page of the weekend and it only took me a bit of time to do. I keep looking at my pages and have come to the conclusion that I take pictures of every day life and put them on paper. I occasionally take out my kids to take pictures because I want to see them in every stage of their lives and preserve what they look like. However, there are no formal "photoshoots". I mean, I wanted to make sure I had a picture of Lucas with his long hair and then laughed the day I saw him dipping his strawberries in the canister of sugar with his pants pulled way down and his Family Guy boxers sticking way out. While I love some of the stuff people do with their pages, I really don't have the time (or maybe the creativity and talent) and energy to make each one a work of art. In other words, this is the scrapbooking of a very busy mother whose therapy is scrapbooking.

2 comments:

Bamm-ela said...

Wow Sharon,
When you get caught up, you really get caught up. Don't sell yourself short. In spite of everything you have on your plate, you still find time to create some of the most beautiful, creative pages out there. Clean not cluttered. Love your style. Keep up the good work and keep on blogging.

kristen said...

Your pages are a work of art, just like everyone else's. Your layouts are always so nice! And I love how you scrapbook the everyday stuff, it's great! You and your kids will love looking back on this and laugh! It's just like home videos, but on paper!
And Happy Mothers Day to you!