Thursday, May 24, 2007

Erna Emma Elizabeth Kramer


My mother received all of her parent's photographs after they passed away. She had them in a big box for years. When I started scrapbooking, she asked if I could do something with them for her. Slowly, I have been organizing them, researching my genealogy and putting some pages together. My father's mother is from England. I have found her family on Census Records. His father is from Finland. By fluke, I found his brother's daughter who speaks english and lives in Finland. I have found out much about my family history from him and her. My mother's family is all from Germany. One of her Uncles is still alive (89 years old). Tonight, my mother received a phone call inquiring about my e-mail address so his daughter can e-mail me and fill me in on their side of the family. Yes, yes, yes . . . I was excited. This page is of my Grandmother just before she came to Canada. Now, besides the statistics, I will (hopefully) be able to find out more about her family history and who is still in Germany and what they are like. It does get addicting -- looking for your family history. I hope to get more information together for my children and my children's children.

1 comment:

Julie Cortens said...

Sharon you will likely never realize the value of what you are doing, but your children and grandchildren and great grandchildren will some day. Our heritage, if not recorded is gone as the generation passes. What a blessing to be able to gather and record as much as we can for future generations.