Sunday, May 13, 2007

Be Yourself

You don't find many pages like this done of me by me. Lately, I have been a bit disappointed in the trends of scrapbooking. It seems like the "most impressive" pages are of large professional photographs with thoughtful, reflective journaling. While there is always a place for these, I find myself out in another field because I scrapbook day to day occurances. This page was a challenge at the store -- to do a page about ourselves. I decided to do this page for one reason really: after Trina (a friend and fellow scrapbooker who many of you know and love) passed away, I realized that I haven't made any pages for my children about me. I do pages of who everyone else is. I have done many heritage albums and what I am always looking for and writing to relatives for is to ask: "Ya, I know when they lived, where they lived and what they did for a living; but . . . what were they like, who were they?" I wanted my children to have a few pages of me, saying what I like, what I think about and who I am. This is one of a few I have done lately.

3 comments:

Pam said...

this is a great page!!! i agree with you, since rhys was born i tend to scrapbook her and not myself. after trina passed away i made a few pages of myself for rhys in case anything should ever happen to me!

Kelly said...

Sharon, so glad you have a blog! I can't wait to visit and see all your cool pages!

Julie Cortens said...

So very true. I am not very good at journaling and especially not very good at journaling about me - but this is what scrapbooking is all about - leaving a legacy for our children and grandchildren. So thanks Sharon I am encouraged to do a few more about me and get some more thoughts down on paper.