Thursday, May 10, 2007

New Special Care Home

This was an extremely hard page for me to do. As a child, my father was the strongest person I knew. He was the man that could do anything. He worked in construction; therefore, I saw him make things, pick up heavy things, supervise many men on a construction site as their boss. For the past 22 years, he has battled Parkinson's Disease. His physical and mental health has deteriorated drastically. Just before Easter of this year, he became a permanent resident of Lutheran Special Care Home. I felt I had to scrapbook this event and put it into my family album. I guess seeing it on paper put a realization to the fact that my parents are getting older and will be looking to their children for care now.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I really like this page, Sharon. And the story, must have been heart wrenching for your mom.

Julie Cortens said...

It is important to journal these trying events even though it is difficult. This is a beautiful meaningful page. I hope your Dad can feel at home at Luther soon.