Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Busy Lives

You know it really doesn't matter how busy our lives are. I was substitute teaching daily for a few weeks, while working my part time hours at Just Scrap It, keeping my kids' lives together, maintaining a home, a vehicle and a relationship. Ya, I got sick with a cold (because as all women do) I put myself last on the list of what/who to take care of. I shouldn't have complained because the teaching has slowed down (and I realize now that I thrive on it and look forward to it). Sure, I worked yesterday and work again tomorrow; but man, do I feel guilty for being at home. However, the creatures that we are, we find things to keep ourselves busy. I have resigned myself to the fact that I only scrapbook at work (which lately none of the employees have had time to do while on shift because the store is crazy busy with new amazing stock, classes, customers and projects). I manage a few pages (usually after my shift when the store is closed and I hope no one will miss me for an hour or so) here and there which has kept me sane. My down time has been devoted to getting this blog up and running. I must admit it is fun. Just don't know why that new header got so big. But, as I sit here, telling myself to get my application in to the Public School Board, I decide I must go and visit my father and do laundry and dust and wash the floors and exercise. What I mean, is that we find things to do to fill our days and make us just as busy as we have been when we complained we were too busy. I guess we have to do what makes us happy and content. If I get these things done, I will feel that I have accomplished something. I think I will ride my bike to see my dad (save some gas). We'll see this weekend how my muscles react to a long bike ride. Oh, by the way, the tulips on my header were from my daughter Faith for Mother's Day. She got me "Jade" roses too -- a dozen and I got carnations from my mom. Jade cooked me supper and Sky cleaned the majority of the condo. All in all, a really good day. Me, my children and my mom had supper together . . . what a hoot!

1 comment:

Julie Cortens said...

Sounds like a well deserved Mothers day for you Sharon. What a blessing! You know it is okay to put "three hours of scrapbooking" on your to do list. And add "a nice long hot bath for an overworked mom with a cold" to that list as well. Much more important that dusting!