Monday, April 7, 2008

Trophy Deer

This is my brother Ken. This past fall he shot a record mule deer. Of course I didn't hear about it until about a month ago. He sent me a few pictures and tried to explain the scoring of deer which is difficult at best. Apparently the world record score is 217. Ken's scored 193 -- enough to earn him a place in one or two record books. I thought this was worthy of recording in our family scrapbook . Being that it is a page about hunting, I thought it best to not be too busy. We had just gotten the new lines of Basic Grey so I used one that would help camouflage his orange hunting outfit. The journalling pull-out was so that I could keep it to a one-page layout and I thought the antlers would be a great way to pull it out. I used the leafless tree diecut at the store for the antlers and cut them out of grungeboard. The guys that come into the store appreciate it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm personally not a big fan of hunting, but I like the little antlers you placed on top of each page!

Sheryl said...

What a great page Sharon.As a hunter let me assure you this is a scrap worthy event. That is a beautiful deer. Is your brother having the head mounted?

Sharon said...

Sheryl,

Apparently having the entire head mounted is very expensive. So, he is having the antlers done instead.

Sharon

Liz said...

What a great page Sharon and a great deer, definitely worth recording! Can't wait to show this to my husband. He only hunts with a camera and binoculars now, but he will definitely appreciate this!

Angie said...

Awesome deer! Awesome page. I noticed this one right away when I came into the store!