Monday, August 11, 2008

REDRUM

Okay, so this is my controversial page. The photographs were taken just out of Saskatoon of an old abandoned farmhouse. Someone has painted satanic symbols on it. The entire house is so rundown and seemed like it could fall down anytime. I did the page for a few reasons. It seemed so ironic that what was a homestead and a symbol of safety, love, belonging and family has been transformed into something that most people are scared of and don't want to look at or think about. I also found it interesting that this building is so close to Saskatoon and most people don't know about it. Who knows if anything weird happens in the house or if some teens were just goofing around with spraypaint. I hope no one finds it too upsetting to be on my blog . . . it is just a reality of our society . . . something that we have to be aware of.

3 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

I like it Sharon. It is art and it has a social commentary. It causes us to consider the spiritual forces at work in the universe. And besides sometimes you just get tired of doing birthday, Christmas and Thanksgiving pages!!

Sharon said...

EXACTLY! I am glad you get it. I think I am one person who tries to do "out of the box" kinda pages. Like I've said before and it still holds true. I am the only person I know that has a divorce album. I also have a car album and concert album.

Sheryl said...

Hey Sharon, I love this. It sent goose bumps down my arms! I love that you challenge us to get real in our scrapping. Life isn't only about smiles and hugs...it's also about hurts and coruption. Some people just don't get it. They live in a bubble and think that stuff like that doesn't happen here.Well guess what it does and it's a very real part of our society.

OH YEAH. Have I told you lately that you ROCK!!!!:):)