Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Shopping

Okay, so it's 2008 . . . HAPPY NEW YEAR! Another year ahead of us. Out with the old, in with the new. So, along with that saying, I am going to attempt to do something new with my layouts. Ralna has inspired me as of late, so I may be scraplifting some of her ideas to get me on my way to the new age of scrapbooking. Things have changed over the past nine years. I went from a cardstockaholic matting pictures a few hundred times and using lettering templates cut out by hand and matted at least three times c/w a few BearyPatch cut-outs to a vellum and mulberry girl within a few short years. Then the collage years set in. Lo and behold patterned paper became the rage and clutter was "in". . . the more the merrier. Metal, fibres, buttons, flowers, chipboard, diecuts, stickers, pebbles, bling, paint, ink, heat embossing, dry embossing, chalk, altering, brads, eyelets, ribbon, stickles, mist, distressing, sanding, gel pens, ZIG, Heidi, Rebecca, Tim, Elsie . . . whew . . . I have missed a million things, but you get the idea right? I can't help but wonder what is in store for us this year. I hope to see you all throughout 2008. I will try to keep blogging and scrapbooking . . . after all, it is my therapy and everyone needs therapy.

3 comments:

Ralna Nordstrom said...

wait a minute... i'm inspiring you?? with what exaxctly?? i feel like i haven't done anything even mildly inspirational for quite some time now. but I'm going to real soon! cute page.

Amanda said...

Nice page, Sharon...and I love the wine holder. :)

Hopefully I'll see you on Friday at the crop.

Happy New Year...I wish you many days of creative, inspiration filled scrapping!

Julie Cortens said...

I love this page - and it has inspired ME! Now I just need some time. BTW this papge looks even greater in real life - so check it out at Just Scrap It!
Happy New Year!!