Monday, January 28, 2008

Saskatoon at -43 Degrees c

I mentioned on one of my earlier blogs that our weather has turned downright ugly. So, after checking the Weather Network (which my children and I do often) and seeing that it is -29 with an extreme windchill warning of -43 c, I decided to take a picture out of the livingroom window. The wind has blown snow into every vacant crevice, covered sidewalks, clung to the sides of parked cars, causing drifts a few feet deep. People are getting stuck everywhere. To make matters worse, there is ice under the snow, causing very dangerous winter driving conditions. In other words, we should shut down the city until the snow subsides, the winds diminish and the temperature returns to somewhat safe levels. Brrrrrrr! And to those who left this morning to warmer temperatures . . . I wish I were on that plane with you! Enjoy, we will hold down the fort for you!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know -- I hate this weather! Sometimes I wonder why we live here. And then I think -- few tornadoes, no hurricanes, earthquakes, tropical storms, civil war, and all that -- I guess -50 isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Stay warm!!