Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wine Holder

We have these wonderful wine/grape shimmer patterned papers in the store, so since Cal decided to start collecting wines, I thought it would be nice to get him a really nice wine and make him this "altered" holder. I covered the outside with the shimmer paper, used a different pattern on the top and yet a couple of different ones on the inside (as you can see below). Inside in the bottom, I lined where the wine rests with some velvet paper. I added some velvet ribbon on the top and bottom, a few ribbons to hold the knobs together and a brown bling flourish to accentuate the opening. It is beautiful. The only problem I had was the "really nice wine" I bought didn't fit in it. Christmas Eve, I had to go out and get a "shorter" bottle of nice wine. He ended up with both wines . . . Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :) Hope all is well.
How come you're not on facebook yet? :)