Monday, September 10, 2007

Unique Wedding Photo

I will be scrapbooking Rhea's Wedding photographs for her (and with her). This should be a very interesting journey as you can tell by this particular picture. Rhea's family owns and operates a Dairy Farm in British Columbia while Michael and his family own and operate a Black Angus Farm just outside of Saskatoon. I learned (during the course of the weekend) that there is a rivalry between Dairy and Beef farmers. I also learned that there is different ways to prepare them for shows (and portraits at a wedding). I learned to keep my mouth shut about any aspect of them since I don't even know the correct terminology to refer to them by. They are not modest, they spook easily, they eliminate in proportions unseen by a city girl. They snot, drool and are fond of pretty orange and red bouquets of flowers. The pure mass of them is astounding. This is not a formal photograph -- it is a candid taken from behind the photographer. Take a look at the Ring Bearer's face. Rhea, I can hear your laugh from here!

3 comments:

Angie said...

This is a very neat picture!!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that the pictures with the cow and bull will be some of my favorite from the day. I can't wait to get the pictures from Grant. Sharon you did pretty good for a city girl at your first cow photo shoot, next time you can hold the tail. Rhea

jem said...

love the cows