Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Love for Fast Cars

Under most circumstances, if asked, I would spend the vast amount of my spare time scrapbooking. That is, unless I am given the choice to spend a sunny day cruising around in a fast, old car. A new small car is wonderful for when I am looking for fuel efficiency; however, I am talking about my other, other passion. When it is not about my children, my man, my career, my family or hobby of scrapbooking. When I just want to do something for myself: sitting in a 60's or 70's Firebird, Camaro, Corvette, 'Cuda, Charger, Challenger, GTO, GTX, Roadrunner . . . the list goes on (but ends abruptly before Mustangs) is what soothes stress in me and gets my adrenaline pumping. I love the sound of 350 or 400 Big Block and as crazy as it sounds I love the smell of gas, grease and leather interior. Chrome is a thing of beauty as is the lines of these cars. Well, as you can tell, I spent part of the weekend taking a look at some cars. This one is my favorite . . . having had two of them myself and driving them whenever I could. I rebuilt the 400 in the 1967 and loved driving it (mainly because it had a vertical shift and rumbled when it idled). Enough car talk, I'll get to scrapping the pictures as soon as I get them developed. Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Sebastian Gaydos said...

I also have an affinity for fast cars, ever since I was young. My first car is a Toyota AE86 Trueno. It's a fast white rocket. I sold it when I got married. If I had known that it would be a cult classic, I would have held on to it. Now I'm driving a Subaru. Although it's not a classic like the Trueno, it's still a road warrior.