Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Project and a Page

Lucas loves to play chess with his friends at school; so, I decided to make him a chess/checker board using some of the paper from the store. I painted a canvas with "Shopping Bag" paint and then distressed it with Tim Holtz ink and then sprayed it with water. After it dried, I sprayed it with webbing spray and again let it dry. I covered the board with paper as I wanted it to look and then used bottle caps for the chess/checker pieces. I sprayed webbing on the tops of the caps in two different colors for checkers and then filled the insides with the appropriate chess pieces and then filled them with Glossy Accents. Again, waiting for it all to dry. Since I enjoyed the webbing so much, I did a page of Sky with it and added some "Stickles" lines and dots around the circle. It's nice to do something different once in a while. Now, I'm off to do Lucas' 10th Birthday Album. I think it will take an entire album.



1 comment:

Ralna Nordstrom said...

That gameboard is so cool Sharon.