Thursday, July 24, 2008

5 Rules


I like the picture of me here. Lucas took it of me at my mom's birthday celebration. I love the paper and embellishments. What I really don't like is that the page is about what I am really all about right now. I am an overprotective mother of three teenaged daughters (my son is almost eleven and isn't into the stuff I worry about). It just seemed like this was what I constantly was finding myself saying this summer: No drinking (alcohol), no smoking (cigarettes or pot), no drugs (illegal), no sex, no stealing. Man, seems like a sensible request right? Just get inside the minds of today's youth . . . you'd be floored! Teenagers don't understand that what doesn't kill them, doesn't make them stronger . . . it gives them a disease or kills braincells. I just have to remind them to keep themselves safe . . . nevermind what everyone else is doing or saying. Not so easy! Okay, so I'm ranting . . . I HAVE TEENAGERS . . . HELP!!!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I think this is a great page! I like the layout, paper, colors, etc.

My daughter has just turned 13 so I'm not in the thick of it quite yet, but I'm starting to know what getting attitude back is like and how things that I think are common sense are just not so common to her (or most kids today) :)

kristen said...

Sharon, I think this is a wonderful page with a great story to it. The message is powerful and too the point. The Layout is abolsutely amazing! I love all the papers and love how you put it together. Awesome job!