Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Broken Arm

I guess I shouldn't have complained that I have no recent pictures to scrapbook. Yesterday evening Lucas came home from the park in tears. He had fallen from a swing and handed on his arm. I looked at it and saw it was not straight so I made a "home-made sling" and rushed him to the hospital. It wasn't the most pleasant thing seeing my nine-year old son on morphine. The pain was intense; but, his mood worsened when he realized he probably couldn't play baseball for awhile because of his newly broken arm. I always joke that I am one of those people who always think of pulling out the camera at every opportunity; however, it didn't cross my mind until his tears stopped and he smiled and I knew he was going to be okay. He has a splint on until friday when the swelling should go down, then he'll have a cast for about a month. Plenty of time for pictures.

3 comments:

Pam said...

poor Lucas! this is no fun for a boy who loves to play!

Julie Cortens said...

Poor Lucas - this is no fun. Things will look better when all his friends want to sign his cast at school. I am sure there will be a scrapbooking opportunity for this life experience.

Ralna Nordstrom said...

every boy needs to break an arm, it's like a right of passage or something. Definetly no fun though.