Friday, May 15, 2009

Jade's Dream Car & Wheels 60's Style

Well, Jade and I went outa car for Jade. She nearly jumped out of her seat when she saw this 2001 Toyota Celica. While it needs a bit of work, we got it for a good price and are going to slowly work on it together. We get all season tires for it tomorrow -- but have a set of awesome winter tires for it too (guess I'll need to store them somewhere for the summer -- if the summer ever shows up). She's been driving it everywhere. I had to put a restriction on the amount of gas she can use each week because all she wants to do is drive it. I understand that's normal, but with the price of gas going up yet again, she has to slow down on the cruising. I called this page Jade's Dream Car because ever since she could differentiate between different cars (many years ago), she has always wanted this style of Celica. She says she still can't believe it is hers. I hope that will help her to take care of it.



These are pictures of my brother Dale when he was a kid. Like any kid, he had his bike and his toy cars. I really do believe it was my two brothers who set me up to love cars. They always had HotRod magazines and then there was the t-shirts with the cars on them. As we drove around the city, they were constantly pointing out different cars. That's how I learned which cars were which. The first car I ever drove was a Dodge Dart. Loved that car.

1 comment:

April D said...

Love that wheels page!

So, hey I would love your votes for a contest I have entered at http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/catalog/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=103 Mine is entry #412, a layout titled too cute. This site is amazing, you should check it out. I am trying to win the coolest scrapbook desk. If you do vote for me and decide to enter yourself let me know and I will repay the favor and vote for yours. Get bonus points for posting so I hope you don't mind daily posts... (Would also love a post on your blog if you aren't going to enter yourself, so your visitors can help me out..more bonus points for that for each day that you do it..lol) You can also vote once per day! Thanks for the help and happy scrappin'